"In the beginning – about 20 billion years ago
– all the matter in the universe was compressed into a tiny space no larger than the period at the end of this sentence. Then the singularity started spinning until it exploded (The Big Bang). The result of that explosion not only created the galaxies, stars, and planets, but also the very space that contains them, along with the property of linear time in which cause and effect exist. Among the planets was the Earth, which cooled off about 3-1/2 billion years ago, developed a hard, rocky crust and an atmosphere of gases. Then it rained on the rocks for millions of years, and eroded them, turning them into soup (mud). Then the primordial soup’s acids and proteins and complex molecules, by sheer chance operating over vast expanses of time, assembled themselves into the first living organism, which then, by a process of
natural selection ("survival of the fittest"), slowly evolved into more complex life-forms, resulting in all the life we observe that now occupies the Earth, including Man."
That, in a nutshell, is the revision of the book of Genesis that Evolutionists would like to make, but cannot, because science does not support ANY of it
– as we shall see. As ridiculous as it sounds in the above albeit "condensed" version, there is not one element that can be removed from the above synopsis and examined in the light of physical evidence and found to be true... Not the least of which is the time factor; the "billions of years" that these processes allegedly took to occur.
It would not be logical or scientific for me to appeal to the reader’s faith in God, or to his or her belief in the Bible, to persuade one to reject the Evolutionist worldview, and accept the creationist worldview. Our arguments here, will be strictly scientific, which is more than I can say for the ones postulating
Evolution, or middle-of-the-road hybrid beliefs (of the Catholic Church) that God "used
Evolution" to create Man. Let’s see what the scriptures say:
"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the Earth."
– Genesis 1:1
"For in six days the Lord made heaven and Earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested on the seventh day." – Exodus 20:11a
"And God said, Let us make Man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the Earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the Earth." – Genesis 1:26
"And the Lord God formed Man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life: and man became a living soul." – Genesis 2:7
And so, we must examine all the known facts, and determine which postulate is the more credible explanation for the reality of what we observe in the world around us. In the analysis, we must conclude that a postulate is false, if any of its necessary elements are NOT true. That means that we also must apply the same level of criticism to Genesis, as we do to the "theory" of
"The workability of a postulate is established by the degree to which it explains existing phenomena [which is] already known; by the degree that it predicts new phenomena which when looked for, will be found to exist, and by the degree that it does not require that phenomena which do not exist in fact, be called into existence for its explanation."
In order to be totally objective and unbiased, we must stipulate that two opposing postulates cannot BOTH be true. We also have to accept the logic that if the one is proven false, it does not necessarily prove the other to be true. To do this would be tantamount to saying that if one of two defendants in a criminal case was able to prove his innocence, it would automatically make the other defendant guilty. This is what the law would call a Non Sequituer. Each case must stand or fall on its own merit, and that id how we will proceed here.
Evolution vs. Creation case, basically boils down to two postulates:
#1 The universe, and all that is contained within it, happened by a series of fortuitous accidents, all of which had to be cumulative in order to have what we obviously observe.
-- Or ---
#2 The universe was designed and created by an intelligent being, who ordered it so that it would function inter-dependently as it apparently does.
There are no other postulates or theories I am aware of, except perhaps an attempt to reconcile the two by what has come to be known as "the gap theory", which states that God created man by
Evolution, and that the literal six "days" of creation are really "eons or ages". This is manifestly absurd on its face. In 1948 the Catholic Church stated:
"The simple fact, however, is that
Evolution is a process. It demands a cause just as truly as direct and immediate creation demands a cause. When the scientific data of
Evolution are carefully studied and their philosophical implications properly interpreted, it is found that
Evolution offers an unanswerable argument for the existence of an all-powerful designer and is simply God’s method of creating. The scientific evidence of organic
Evolution is so overwhelming as to carry conviction to 99% of the scientists. We do not advance the interests of religion when we make the rejection of established scientific evidence a necessary condition for religious faith."
And so, I gather that the Catholic Church is willing to amend the book of Genesis with a footnote to that effect, seeing that the "Scientific evidence" for
Evolution is "so overwhelming..."
– We shall see.
Now, I must make a confession here: I’m a Christian
– and it is not without evidence that I believe the Bible to be literally and scientifically correct. If one accepts that the universe arose from a "Big Bang" with no intelligent intervention or cause, it necessarily must follow:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God..."
– Psalms 14:1a; 53:1a (KJV)
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork."
– Psalms 19:1 (KJV)
And so we are faced with two formidable tasks:
#1 To prove
beyond a reasonable doubt, that the universe did NOT happen into existence by some "cosmic hiccup" billions of years ago, and
#2 To prove with equal certainty, the existence of an intelligent design (and intelligent design leads inevitably to the conclusion that there must be an intelligent designER)
Volumes have been written, and so I won’t duplicate the efforts of others here; references for in-depth study are listed in the footnotes. The Bible tells us:
"... Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts; and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear." – 1 Peter 3:15 (KJV)
[Alright, I’m workin’ on the "meekness" part :-)]
Barring a Leo Tolstoy - length dissertation here, it is impossible to cover every argument that has been proposed in the debate concerning the origin of the universe, so I will cover what I consider to be the major points, and leave the rest to your curiosity. What you will discover upon a careful analysis, is that BOTH views are religious; one of the views calls itself "Christianity", and the other view masquerades as "science". Allow me to explain:
The first verses in Genesis, in the Original Hebrew, state quite explicitly that God created the universe literally from nothing. The Latin translation uses the works "Ex Nihilo"
– which literally means "from nothing" A more accurate translation of Genesis 1:1 would read:
"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the Earth FROM NOTHING".
An Evolutionist ultimately (also) believes that the universe came from literally nothing (the "singularity" of the "Big Bang") If I were to ask him, "Where did the matter (dirt) come from?", he would have to reply "I don’t know". If he were to ask me "Where did God come from", I could give him the Biblical answer "God always was". The truth of the matter is, I don’t know. I don’t know on the same level as the atheist’s or Evolutionist’s unknowingness. Therefore, we see that the empirical difference between our points of view boils down to a belief
"What is Karma?" on:
"Butterfly Farts" on:
"faith" if you will. I believe "In the beginning, GOD...", and he believes "In the beginning, DIRT"
– (or "MATTER", "SINGULARITY", or "ACCIDENTS"). Both views are ultimately religions... Only Evolutionists do not have a 501 (3)(c) (tax exempt) church to go to and SCOFF at God. Perhaps someone will incorporate the First Church of Darwin, so that we can claim equal protection under the 14th Amendment, and get the
Evolution religion out of our public schools.
What the science textbooks won’t make clear is that before you have "Evolution", you first must have a viable, living organism upon which the "natural selection" or "punctuated equilibrium" processes can operate. In the 1800’s when life was considered to be extremely simple, it could be said that "life was spontaneous", and no one had the knowledge to challenge the assumption. Now we know that ALL life depends upon DNA, which is an extremely complex molecule. Given the requisite component proteins
– which are themselves complex molecular structures – DNA could NOT have "assembled itself by random chance" even if the universe was 6,000,000 trillion trillion years old. But we will concede that a DNA molecule "assembled itself" within the lifespan of the Earth, starting "in the beginning". Now what?
A DNA molecule needs a CELL to replicate, and the cell is built by the instructions in the DNA. A zillion DNA molecules floating around in a "primordial soup" would do nothing but disintegrate into their constituent parts if left to themselves in the environment.
Life arising from inorganic matter is patently IMPOSSIBLE. The technical name for the proposed process is "Prebiotic
Natural Selection", which is the most "educated" Moronic Oxymoron ever conceived in the mind of Man. This is because Darwinian-style "natural selection" requires a viable (complete) life-form upon which to impose its "survival of the fittest" compulsion; this is "The chicken or the egg" paradox of biology.
The basic premise of "Evolution" requires that extremely complex organisms arose out of chaos by what amounts to a very small, in fact IMPOSSIBLY small chance. Not only that, but all life is symbiotic; a man, crawling out of the "soup", as-it-were, requires food to keep him alive, and bacteria in his intestines to digest that food. The man, the plants, and the bacteria would have had to "evolve" into existence simultaneously
– or at least within a few days of each other, or the man would starve to death.
Evolution’s "answer" to the puzzle is "billions of years" of time
– the veil behind which the preposterous could happen beyond anyone’s ability to disprove (or prove) with empirical observations. The age of the universe is IMPOSSIBLE to scientifically determine, because the "rulers" used to ostensibly measure the "age" of things, have changed themselves. The speed of light has not always been 186,000 miles per second (300,000 meters/second). Radiation levels have changed, and the Earth is NOT even 10,000 years old, never mind billions!
It can be shown very convincingly, that the Earth CANNOT be billions or even millions of years old. And this has led the Evolutionists and science fiction authors (Carl Sagan, et.al.) to propose that life came to Earth via a meteor from another galaxy, or by "aliens" who happened to "beam up" long ago (E.T. call home!).
The age of the Earth can be limited by the fact that the Earth is spinning, and the fact that since there is no such thing as "perpetual motion" (even on a cosmic scale), the Earth’s rotation is slowing down. With the advent of cesium (atomic) clocks, it is possible to measure the time it takes for the Earth to make one complete rEvolution (the length of a day) with great precision. It turns out that the days are getting longer by approximately 1 second every 18 months. The US Department of Defense has to update the atomic clocks on the GPS satellites occasionally, in order to keep the navigation system accurate (I used to be a dealer for recreational handheld and professional GPS surveying equipment, so I know what I’m talking about). If the Earth’s rotation is slowing down, this implies that in the past, it was spinning faster (well, duhhh!).
If one takes the trouble to do the math, extrapolating one second every 18 months by approximately 6,000 years, back to the days of Adam and Eve according to the Biblical record, we come to 17-2/3 hours for one complete rotation (sunrise to sunrise). This is because the Earth was spinning just a bit faster then.
Much beyond this point (back in time), the centrifugal force of the (faster) rotation would have rendered everything on Earth "weightless", and beyond that, the earth would have flown apart. Millions - Billions of years? I don’t think so, and if not, there simply wasn’t enough time that the Earth could have existed for "The Blind Watchmaker" of
Evolution to operate. In other words, everything would have had to "evolve" simultaneously, which is precisely what "punctuated equilibrium" proposes. Punctuated Equilibrium is a self-contained Oxymoron... I emphasize that one would have to be a MORON to believe it.
Many will argue their position PRO-Evolution, citing "evidence" in the fossil record.
Piltdown Man was cited as "the missing link" for years.
Piltdown man was a deliberate hoax; a human jaw filed down and fitted to an ape’s skull, then treated with acid to simulate "age". The phony skull was then buried in a rock quarry where it was later "discovered" by the hoaxers.
Prior to the discovery of the
Piltdown Man fraud, 500 people examined the fossils and obtained Ph.D.s on their theses. The belief in
Evolution was so strong, that even an obvious fraud becomes "evidence" to support the theory. There is absolutely NO evidence at all in the fossil record to support
Even the simplest life form; a cell, or an amoeba, is incredibly and most importantly, IRREDUCIBLY complex. Author Michael Behe in "Darwin’s Black Box" makes a very good case for intelligent design of ALL life. Irreducible complexity holds that even a "simple" cell consists of many interacting parts that must ALL be present simultaneously for life (or function) to exist AT ALL. An analogy would be that a Pentium computer chip with its 3.5 million separate transistors, would in fact, be non-functional if just ONE of those components failed (or was missing or removed). The second law of thermodynamics precludes complexity
– especially ordered complexity with an apparent purpose – to arise spontaneously, without intelligent design and work input, out of chaos or out of nothingness.
The fact is that even the simplest living thing is incredibly complex. Each of the (approximately) 30 billion cells in your body is more complicated than a space shuttle. The DNA, if all of it could be extracted from your body, would barely fill a teaspoon. Those molecules, each approximately six feet long, if uncurled, stretched out, and laid end-to-end, would reach the moon and back 50 million times! I think David was right when he wrote:
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right
well." – Psalms 139:14 (KJV)
David didn’t have a microscope, and HE could figure it out!
DNA, for one thing, is information. "Information" is defined as something that is NOT random, and NOT repetitive. A salt or sugar crystal is structure; it arises by natural chemical affinities, but it is a predictable, repeatable structure. Information is NOT predictable as arising "naturally": it requires an intelligence to arrange it, and an intelligence to recognize it, or act upon it as "data". We know that DNA determines our body’s construction: everything from eye color to longevity to susceptibility to certain diseases. Everything about you is hereditary
– passed down in your genes. Even having children is hereditary; if your parents didn’t have any, you won’t either :-)
Not to belabor the issue of scientific evidence against
– the "horse" is dead, why beat it any further? – What about the other case (creation) that must be proven? Disproving
Evolution, as I said before, is not proof of creation, however, the cases share the same data. If the presence of structure, order, and purpose cannot be attributed to "chance", then it follows that it not being random, and certainly not a product of natural chemical affinities, it must be intelligently directed. No other postulate is possible. If there IS, I certainly would like to hear it. Using the data so far discussed, we see that if Earth is NOT as old as the "science falsely so-called" says it is, and then life on Earth had to have appeared in a relatively short amount of time. For that to have occurred, it had to have been directed by some "outside" influence which created it complete with the symbiotic processes, life forms, and sources of nourishment required to sustain all of it. No other possible process could account for it. We call this intelligence what we will, and labor to assign it to "natural" causes, but the conclusion is inevitable. Some will call God "Mother Nature", deny the "intelligent" component of the Creation, and fail to explain who or what "mother" is.
Only an idiot would look at a wristwatch or a computer chip under a microscope and say, "It must have happened by accident".
Well, if it is NOT an accident, then what is it? – These same scientists turn right around and say that the intellect that built the wristwatch, or designed a Cray Super-computer, is the result of a series of fortuitous biological "accidents"; Again, a non-sequituer.
The law of probabilities must be invoked to show just how ridiculously absurd Prebiotic
Natural Selection (i.e.: life from rocks) is. A simple series of 10 numbers to be "randomly" picked out of a jar in ascending order 1 to 10 is (assuming there are only 10 numbers in the jar)
First Pick: 1 chance in 10
Second Pick: 1 chance in 9
Third pick: 1 chance in 8
The math is 1/10 x 1/9 x 1/8 x 1/7 x 1/6 etc. The chances AGAINST picking all ten in ascending order are very high. Apply this to a DNA molecule which has billions of parts, and it becomes such an absurdity that the odds against it become an imponderable.
The case for God, on the other hand, really boils down to the credibility of the Bible. The credibility of the Bible, in turn, depends upon the accuracy of the book of Genesis
– particularly the first two chapters, since every other book in the Bible (except the book of Esther) refers back to the Genesis account. If Genesis is "folklore" or "creative writing" (pun intended) as some would say, then the rest of the Bible is junk too. Throw it away and start chanting mantras for all the good it will do you to believe it, much less to live your life by its teachings. If the Bible is junk, then do what thou wilt. I have studied the Bible for many years now, and I’ve become persuaded that it does indeed originate from God. This is primarily based on the fulfillment of prophesy... not necessarily the prophesies concerning Jesus Christ, which one who is opposed to my point of view could argue was conceived by the authors as a story line, despite:
"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty."
– 2 Peter 1:16
Primarily, the proof I will cite here is based upon Biblical Prophesy that has been fulfilled in "modern times", and structures in the (original) text itself, that could only have been put there by a God who exists outside of our time domain.
"Remember the former things of old: For I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure."
– Isaiah 46:9, 10 (KJV)
One of the most amazing prophesies in scripture, is the re-gathering of Israel and the restoration of the Hebrew language. Secular history records the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD, and it is well known that the Hebrew language was "a scholar’s tongue" even in Jesus’ time (Jesus and his disciples spoke Aramaic, not Hebrew, although Hebrew was spoken on occasion).
"For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent."
– Zephaniah 3:9
Most anyone who was not a true believer, reading the Bible prior to May of 1948 would have scoffed at:
"Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. And in that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: All that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the Earth shall be gathered together against it." – Zechariah 12:2, 3
I don’t think they’re scoffing now!
Jerusalem and Israel (Judah) did not exist as a nation prior to May of 1948, but today, there is not a nation on earth whose leaders are not torn over what political stance to take in regard to this tiny, insignificant nation (the nation of Israel is 1/3 the size of San Bernardino County, California).
"... They shall devour all the people round about... and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem."
– Zechariah 12:66
The prophecies could not be clearer, or more specific. One or two that would "come to pass" could be excused as "coincidence" or "luck"; and it is amazing to me hw a double-standard of probability is applied to the analysis, when Biblical prophesy is compared to the chance of a DNA molecule "crawling" out of a "primordial ocean".
Let’s take another verse
– a bit controversial, yes, but interesting to ponder nonetheless:
"And there shall be upon every high mountain, and every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall." – Isaiah 30:25
One can either be shocked at this passage, or pass over it as a scoffer, saying that the paucity of the verse lends itself to being applied to almost anything. Oh, really?
Firstly, this verse follows a pattern; it is what is known in literature as a "quatrain". The verse is split into metaphor, metaphor, literal, literal. "Mountain" and "Hill" are metaphors for Governments and principalities. "Rivers" and "Streams" are metaphors for affluence and prosperity. Those are familiar metaphors to serious Bible students. The second half of the verse then changes to a literal sense: "Great slaughter" could refer to the 3,000 people who perished, and "towers" (plural) could mean the World Trade Towers.
Towers are mentioned all through the Bible: Tower of Babel
– Genesis 11:4, Tower of Edar – Genesis 35:21, Tower of Penuel
– Genesis 8:9, Tower of Sechem – Judges 9:47, Tower of Jezreel
– 2 Kings 9:17, Towers at the Jerusalem gate – 2 Chronicles 26:9, Tower of furnaces
– Nemiah 3:11, Tower of Siloam – Luke 13:4.
The verse in Isaiah 30:25 is curious, because it is the only place in the Bible where tower or towers are mentioned, that neither a name nor a location for the structure is specified. There were towers (probably three) at Jerusalem’s gates:
"Moreover, Uzziah built towers in Jerusalem at the corner gate, and at the valley gate, and at the turning of the wall, and fortified them."
– 2 Chronicles 26:9
The passage at Isaiah 30:25, written circa 713 BC, could well apply to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD; a matter of secular history. As an "aside" here, the fall of Jerusalem proves that the entirety of the New Testament was written PRIOR to that event, since it is not mentioned by any of the writers who would have certainly expounded upon it as fulfillment of scripture. The fall of Jerusalem was indeed "a great slaughter"
– almost every inhabitant was killed, and no doubt, every one of Uzziah’s towers would have fallen during the siege. And so, even if the verse refers ONLY to Jerusalem, the prophecy made almost 800 years prior, came to pass "as it is written". The possibility of a dual prophesy in this verse, I believe, merits some very serious consideration.
This passage is unique, as it can also be speculated that the towers at Jerusalem’s gates were also under attack in 705 BC
– eight years or so after Isaiah wrote those words, as King Hezekiah built walls and towers around Jerusalem (2 Chronicles 32:5) and improved upon the water supply (v. 30). However, when the Assyrian army of King Sennacherib attacked, the prophet Isaiah prayed to the Lord, and the city was saved (2 Kings 18:13; 19:37; 2 Chronicles 32:1). This leaves us with one of two possibilities, or a dual prophesy that was fulfilled BOTH times, making it one of the most remarkable passages in the Bible.
The Bible speaks of scoffers who would doubt God’s word (2 Peter 3:3-5) and practice false "science" (1 Timothy 6:20). In His infinite wisdom, God has provided an even more awesome surprise (in my opinion) than even fulfilled prophecy. You see, the scoffer can argue that the prophesies of a nation being re-established and regaining its original language could be applied to ANY situation, given enough time
– something that the Evolutionists seem to find more and more of as "time" goes on. They fail to take account of the fact that each prophesy being fulfilled increases the odds exponentially, against the postulate that the prophesies are due to pure "chance". However, when you combine the prophesies with the fact that there are embedded encryptions in the original text that spell out precisely, the names of people and cities that did not exist at the time the Bible was written, and specific events (such as both World wars, the JFK assassination, the moon landing, the assassination of Yitzak Rabin, and the Oklahoma City bombing et.al.) that would happen 3,000 years into the future, it completely shatters the notion that any man or group of men could write it without the hand of God literally directing their quills.
What was discovered in 1991 by an Israeli mathematician, coded into the original (Masoreic) text of the Hebrew Torah, is perhaps the most fantastic discovery in history since Man invented the wheel. I’m talking about what is called "The Bible Code". This is an encryption which is very difficult to encode, and equally difficult to decode, because in order to decode it, you have to know what you’re looking for. In addition, because the decoding involves the counting of letters, the decoding is impossibly tedious to do without the aid of a computer. It would seem that God foresaw this, and designed this structure so that the "technology" of the "science falsely so-called" that has been used to scoff at His word, would, itself, discover irrefutable evidence that the Bible is no "cunningly devised fable". Let’s look at some structural things first:
One of the most tedious things about the Bible is its genealogies. The first is genesis chapter 5. I mean, who really cares about who begat who, unless perhaps it is the bloodline of Jesus Christ? It turns out, upon a closer study, that (at least) Genesis 5 (and possibly others) is not only a genealogy, but also a coded message... Right there in the open where it has been for thousands of years, waiting to be discovered.
The Hebrews gave their children names to suit the occasion; their names had meaning. You will need a Hebrew "root" dictionary, but as we will see, the 10 names in Genesis 5 contain a message about the coming Messiah, and there is no doubt about whom it speaks. The ten names in the order in which they appear, are listed below with their meaning in parenthesis:
☼ Adam (man)
☼ Seth (appointed
– see Gen 4:25)
☼ Enos (mortal)
☼ Cainan (sorrow)
– The name is Hebrew, not Aramaic. – see Nu. 24:22,23
☼ Mahalalel (El=God
– The Blessed God)
☼ Jared (shall come down
– a Hebrew verb)
☼ Enoch (teacher
– or – teaching)
☼ Methusaleh (his death shall bring)
(despair or despairing – our English word ‘lament’ comes from this)
☼ Noah (comfort
– see Genesis 5:29)
When you put the MEANINGS of the ten names (in the order in which they appear) into a sentence, it says:
"Man [is] appointed mortal sorrow, [but] The Blessed God shall come down teaching (or as a teacher) [and] his death shall bring [the] despairing (those who despair) comfort."
"Coincidence", you say? Well, consider this: Chinese is written vertically (top to bottom), Aramaic and Hebrew are written horizontally (right to left), and the Western languages are written left to right. If you place these on a world map and draw lines from each country in the direction their languages are written, the lines will intersect at Jerusalem, or the Holy Lands. Hmmmmm!
Another "structural" curiosity is found in the description of the tent camp of Israel in Numbers chapter 2. If you draw a map of the camp, and give equal space to each person, using the numbers of how many were in each camp, an area for each of the four groups of tribes plus the Levites would look like this from the air:
Issachar Levi Manasseh
Zebulun Tabernacle Benjamin
If you draw rectangles in proportion to the number of people in the tribe, the figure becomes a cross, with the long (foot) side facing east, the shortest side (head) facing west, and the arms (equal in length) north and south. Well, I guess one could call this "coincidence", also; perhaps a bit of literary genius, or one of those astronomically remote fortuitous "accidents" that are BOUND to happen in the billions of years that the universe is said to have existed. Pardon the sarcasm, but I think it was DESIGNED!
There are also hepatic (based on the number 7) structures in the Gospels; seven vowels, seven verbs, seven, seven, seven, seven (which is the number of perfection), which I will leave you to explore on your own.
And now, what to make of "The Bible Code"? This is a highly complex topic, but one which my military training as a cryptographic systems specialist and my civilian career as a computer technician / programmer qualify me to speak about with authority.
The "codes" we will speak briefly of here, are what is known in cryptography as "Equidistant Letter Sequences" or ELS. A message encoded with ELS is very simple, but tedious to decode; it is, for lack of a better term, "hidden in plain sight". Consider this sentence:
"Rips explained that each code is a case of adding every fourth or twelfth, or fiftieth letter to form a word."
There is a hidden message in the above sentence. Can you find it? Stop here and try. Continue reading after you succeed or get frustrated.
There are only two ways to decode the massage:
#1 – You would have to know what the message is, in which case it would be pointless o look for it, or to have it encoded as a "secret" message.
#2 – You have to know where to start, and how many letters to skip before you select the next leter to "build" your message.
In the sentence, start with the first letter
– the "R" in "Rips", then ignoring the spaces between the words, skip three letters "i, p, s", and choose the next letter
– the "e" in "explained". Continue to do this:
"Rips explained that each code is a case of adding every fourth or twelfth, or fiftieth letter to form a word."
You will get the message without spaces between words: "readthecode" or "read the code".
Hundreds of such messages
– the names of historic figures, places, and events and their dates, have been found woven into the original Hebrew text of the Torah, and the entire Old Testament by computer analysis. "So What?", you might ask. Well, what would you say if I told you that the words "Timothy McVeigh", "Oklahoma City", "Murrah Building", "Torn to pieces", "terror", and the exact date and time of the blast, was encoded in the Hebrew text between Genesis 29:25 and 35:5? Would it get the attention of a skeptic, and defy logical explanation if I told you that "Adolph Hitler", "Bergen-Belsen", "Holocaust", the JFK assassination, the moon landing, both World wars, the assassination of Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin, the comets hitting Jupiter, and many "recent" historical events have also been found similarly coded?
These messages are not vague allusions as in the quatrains (4-line verses in poetry) of Nostradamus: i.e.: "A star will cross the heavens and a great nation shall fall", but complete and specific names, dates, places, and events that happened thousands of years after the ink dried on the scrolls. One or two, and perhaps even three could be seen as "chance", or perhaps some indefinable property of the Hebrew language. Michael Drosnin’s book lists 90 such messages. Thousands have been found. Running the same computer program on other Hebrew texts, even other religious Hebrew texts such as the Biblical commentaries and the books of the Apocrypha, did not yield any ELS "messages". This phenomenon is unique to the Torah (the Old Testament books), and the Canonical New Testament. It cannot be duplicated by Man, even with the aid of the most powerful computers in the US Department of Defense.
As I’ve studied this for several years, I found no other possible explanation for how "Timothy McVeigh" and the details of his terrible deed could have been known by Moses. One would necessarily have to know what a message contained before he could write the message down. Not only that, but it is an absolutely incredible task to encode it into the text of a story that not only makes sense, but is also true. Moses simply could not have known, and so it follows that God told him what to write
– jot for jot, tittle for tittle – no errors.
A point that I will make here about the "codes" that is not made by the other authors is that the existence of these messages intact, proves that the original scrolls (which have not survived) were duplicated verbatim by the scribes. And so we have a very reliable proof; a sort of "checksum", if you will, that the text of the Bible is exactly as it was, when the original authors wrote it
– and that the "conversion" from the original scrolls which contained no vowels, to the Masoretic text (which added the vowels) was inspired. I say this, because if you were to move a single letter, add one, or remove one, the entire structure of the ELS sequences breaks down. The "codes" do NOT appear in the text with the vowels removed, which is a testament that not only the original scrolls were inspired, but their translation into the Masoretic text was also overseen by the very hand of God (or for you atheists
– a power outside of our understanding). The only rational explanation for its literary content, coded or not, is an author or "ghost writer" (the HOLY Ghost, that is), who used the human authors to dip quill into ink and write.
Well, perhaps that last comment came from faith, and not from any empirical (visible, touchable) evidence that I can show you; it is true that lack of an alternative explanation does not make the "best" or the only available alternative explanation the absolute truth. Truth is simply a statement that comports to reality. There comes a point in time, if one is serious and diligent in his pursuit of truth (Acts 17:11), where faith is no longer a leap in the dark, but knowing when to rest in the sufficiency of the evidence. If there IS another explanation; another "world-view" that explains all of this, I’ve yet to find it
– not that I’m actively looking for one; but I’d like to hear it.
If the author of the Bible IS ultimately God, then it would stand to reason that He would make His book unique, and indeed, it is. That being so, it logically follows that everything written therein is literally true. Many like to scoff at the story of the Biblical flood, and some, tongue-in-cheek, like the comedian Bill Cosby, are famous for their "Noah" parodies. Almost every civilization on Earth has a "legend" about a global flood. There are over 300 flood stories in human folklore. A flood story is the "Genesis" of the Chinese civilization. Did you know that Noah’s boat has been found and partially excavated, as it "washed down" the slope of Mt. Ararat in Turkey? When you build a boat, you don’t normally apply waterproofing to the INSIDE:
"... and thou shalt pitch it WITHIN and without with pitch..."
– Genesis 6:14b. And why, pray tell, would God allow the Ark to land on top of a mountain, instead of a nice, comfortable plain or valley? "... and the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat."
– Genesis 8:4. Perhaps the inside waterproofing was intended to prevent the wood from crumbling to dust, or from eroding away with the weather, and putting it on a high mountain kept Noah and the crew from salvaging the timbers (they were huge), and thus was intended by God to preserve the evidence of the flood for future generations of scoffers to trip all over themselves trying to explain.
The word "science" comes from the Greek word "scio"; to know. The "science falsely so-called" cannot claim knowledge of truth (or reality), when its most exalted practitioners and most respected publications (Scientific American, Discover, Omni, National Geographic, et.al.) continue to ignore the overwhelming evidence that makes the phrase used in every one of their issues, and almost every school biology or science textbook: "millions of years ago...", the most damaging fairy tale and hindrance to scientific knowledge ever contrived.
If indeed there was a "Big Bang", how is it that the scientists are at a loss to find the origin point of the explosion? Perhaps there wasn’t an explosion after all! Perhaps this is the answer:
"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the Earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in."
– Isaiah 40:22
You will note that the prophet knew the Earth was a sphere (circle), and the "stretching" may account for the "red shift" discovered by the astronomer Hubble, which led to the "Big Bang" theory. Incidentally, it has been recently discovered that the speed of light has been slowing down (it is currently approximately 186,000 miles/second). This discovery will, I predict, turn the physical sciences upside-down.
No Big Bang? Well, it seems that way! Science is not, it seems, amenable to change. There is a philosophy within science that trumps the evidence when a logical conclusion based upon observation, challenges the presently-accepted world-view. Many of our science textbooks are not books about science, but covert catechisms for the
Pagan religion of Darwinian
Evolution. While a Biblical world-view might seem "quaint" to the "average Joe" of our times, and preposterous to many biologists and others in the various sciences, the fact of the matter is that science has stepped on its own foot so-to-speak; like King Darius (Daniel 6:6-8), they have issued the decree of Darwin’s Theory, treated it as if it were immutable fact, and commanded that all the people shall believe it.
And now, being confronted with the fact that what was postulated to have been "science" is patently ridiculous, they cannot retract it without losing what’s left of their credibility. Their "case" is no longer arguable outside an asylum for half-wits.
If one is "quick on his feet" with the Word, one can pull off verbal exchanges like the following colloquy: (EV=Evolutionist, C=Christian)
EV: Did you know that some snakes have vestigial bones that prove that they once walked around on legs? It proves that they evolved!
C: Well, I don’t know about evolving, but I do know that at least ONE type of serpent didn’t always crawl around on his belly.
EV: What species was that?
C: I really don’t know, but this one was called "Lucifer, son of the Morning" (Isaiah 14:12), and God punished him for deceiving Eve in the Garden of Eden by making him crawl in the dust.
Needless to say, the scoffer was out-witted, and at least I was able to get him to read it for himself. Now that verse didn’t save him on the spot, but maybe it got him to re-evaluate his philosophy:
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereunto I sent it."
– Isaiah 55:11
A verse of scripture well placed, is far more effective than an intense argument rising out of your own understanding. The real tragedy of the
Darwinist world-view is that it makes man out to be "just another animal" at best, and brainwashes him into a false belief about his place in the universe.
Evolution implies that some races may have "climbed up the Evolutionary tree" further than others, and it is precisely this mentality that was the root of the
Nazi Holocaust, the breeding of human beings like thoroughbred dogs (eugenics) for "The Master Race" and numerous other genocides (Bosnia, Iran, Africa, et.al.) since then. Evolutionist thinking is also the root of the decision in
Roe vs. Wade (1973) which legalized the murder of the unborn as "reproductive rights" or "choice"
– infanticide sub nom. Abortionists Take note:
"Cursed be he that taketh reward to slay an innocent person. And all the people shall say, Amen."
– Deuteronomy 27:25 (also see Ex. 20:13; 21:22-25; De. 12:31; 30:19; Ps. 22:10; 71:6; 106:37-38; 139:13; Ex. 23:39; Jer 2:34; 31:15)
Evolutionism is not only scientifically wrong, it is actually a state-sponsored
Pagan religion that hinders true science, because it prevents its proponents and young minds seeking knowledge from discovering the truth about the world we live in. As an unsubstantiated lie, it is directly or indirectly responsible for millions of deaths and the ruination of even many more billions of lives because it displaces belief in God, and robs mankind of his identity as unique and special in the Creator’s universe.
As true science progresses, Darwinism doesn’t have a leg to stand on. However, this nonsense is still taught as fact in our schools, and published in all our science magazines. It is broadcast all over the airwaves, and it needs to be stopped. As Christians, we can no longer tolerate tax-supported
taught in our schools.
case full of holes, it is time to bury Mister Charles Darwin, because as it says in John 11:39b:
"...Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead..."
Peace and Godspeed –
WebPastor David Todeschini
Recommended Reading for
arguing the Creationist view over the religion of "Evolution"
"What is Scientology?"
– L. Ron Hubbard ISBN# 1-57318-122-6 - Id at 636, Logic #19
"Psychiatry and Confession – Light on The Talking Cure of Psychoanalysis"
– Id at 8, ¶2 – John A. O’Brien, Ph.D., © 1948 Missionary Society of Saint Paul the Apostle
– Paulist press, 401 W 59th St., NYC (out-of-print – available as PDF on this web site).